October 25, 2012

Gibson Girl Gina

It arrived on the table in that huge schooner - pink and green and carmely and wonderful.
It was crowned with a delicate paper cocktail parasol. I was so excited.
I couldn't believe they’d let me order it. I swore I’d eat the whole thing - if only, if only. The Gibson Girl.

I don’t think I finished it after all. But the night remains one of the best memories of my childhood. A night of frivolous indulgence, a parental “damn the torpedoes” of sensibility. I wish I’d given my girl more of those times.


Credits:
Retro 101 by Kayla Lamoreaux available at Digiscrap 101;
Zoomba by Brandy Murry available at ScrapGirls;
Garden Gate by Misty Cato available at Sweet Shoppe Designs;
Caliente by Studio Microferk available at Scrapbookgraphics;
Love You More Than Ice Cream by Jean Barette available at Sweet Shoppe Designs; 
Fonts: BookmanOldStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment