November 12, 2012

Our Marine's First Election


With a little advice from Olive, who is a most intelligent dog, Ryan and Dad went to vote. Friday Ryan became a Marine; Tuesday a voter. Our family takes both responsibilities very seriously. Mark has looked forward to this day for years. It is a true milestone for both father and son.
I voted after work. When the election volunteers looked up my last name, they asked if it had been my son’s first election. They thanked me for his service and seemed genuinely tickled to be part of our day.
We are truly blessed to live in a country worthy of serving, and voting, and raising our children in. Kinda funny that I most always vote Republican in a Democrat state. I still don’t consider it a thrown away vote. I feel blessed to participate.

Credits:Soiree by Katie_the_Scrapbook_Lady available at Scrapbook Lady's Scrap Shop; Rock the Vote by Chelle's Creations available at Scrap Orchard;  Fonts: CenturyGothic, CenturyGothic-Bold
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment